Graham Thompson 362KB
[NOTE: click any pic to enlarge]
Access & accommodation: Minibus from Christchurch to the Waimakariri River Klondyke Shelter on SH3, then Anti-Crow, Carrington, Julia. Mid Taipo and Seven Mile Creek huts, out onto SH 73, refreshments at Jackson's Tavern!
My 1 year old Nikon D50 SLR was in Japan for repairs and I was hoping it would be back in time but I was rung as I was driving down to the airport at Palmerston North to inform me it was finally ready but had to come back from Japan!! I had accepted that I would have to use the old camera and the quality isn't that bad.
Harman Pass route
Based on Lonely Planet Map
Click map to enlarge
The trampers on our Waimakariri-Harman Pass-Taipo tramp were:
- Ian Bardsley (ex Hawera) [photo ID=IB Camera=Canon Ixus 70 digital],
- John Barrell (New Plymouth),
On to the pictures and story.
- Jim Callaghan (Wanganui, ex-Hawera) [photo ID=JC Camera=Olympus µ400 digital],
- Alan Rogers (Hawera) [photo ID=AR Camera=Panasonic DMC LC40 digital],
- Graham & Cathy Thompson (Hawera) [photo ID=CT Camera=Sony T5 digital] and
- John Sutton (New Plymouth) [photo ID=JS Camera=Olympus µ300D digital] and
- Keith Blayney [yours truly] (Hawera) [photo ID=KB Camera=Nikon CoolPix 3100 digital].
All photographs © - media reproduction requires permission